【Osaka Prefecture Region Illumination】7 Recommendations for Illumination Spots!
Light performances decorating the winter of Osaka.
In the region of Osaka Prefecture various illuminations can be enjoyed. 7 recommended illumination spots in the region of Osaka Prefecture will be introduced.
1. Shimamotocho Illumination
The concept of the illumination is ”Dreams and emotions!” and ”towards the revitalization of the neighborhood.”
An LED illumination using light to represent the passionate thoughts of residents, and people associated with small stores, companies and organizations.
- December 1, 2018 (Sat) 〜 January 7, 2019 (Mon)
- 17:00 ～ 25:00
- From Hankyu Kyoto Line Minase station to JR Shimamoto station
2. Illuminate Banpaku＆EXPOCITY Illumination
Sparkling Galaxy in the Expo Commemoration Park!
Moreover, in EXPOCITY adjacent to the Expo Commemoration Park you can see Japan’s tallest shining ferris wheel and a symbolic Christmas tree decorating the Sora Plaza!
Illuminate Banpaku Event Outline
- December 1 (Sat)・2 (Sun)・7 (Fri) ～9 (Sun)・14 (Fri) ～16 (Sun)・21 (Fri) ～25 (Tue)
※On December 25 only illumination
- 17:00〜21:00 Admission until 20:30
- Expo Commemoration Park A seperate fee will be required for entering Expo Commemoration Park
EXPOCITY Illumination Event Outline
- November 3, 2018 (Sat・public holiday) 〜February 14 (Thu)
※Christmas tree until December 25 (Tue)
3. Daito City Smile Illumination 2018
Love〜excitement! Passionate Illumination!
Daito City’s decoration is ”red” and ”Spain”-themed and a colorful and lively christmas world is presented with illumination.
On December 1 (Sat) the ”Smile Wedding” is held, sharing ”a chain of happiness that you can only experience in Daito City” with everybody at the venue.
- November 30, 2018 (Fri) ～ December 25 (Tue)
- 17:00 ～ 23:00
- JR Suminodo station 2F deck
4. Sakai Sakura Illumination 2018
A winter illumination flourishing at three places in the “City center” Sakaihigashi station, Oshoji station and Sakai station.
Under the concept of ”Winter flower viewing” you can enjoy Japan’s earliest flower viewing.
The illumination starting at Sakaihigashi station and continuing to Sakai station is very photogenic!
- November 30, 2018 (Fri) ～ January 15, 2019 (Tue)
- Nankai Koya Line Sakaihigashi station～Nankai Main Line Sakai station
5. Izumination 2018 Izumi-Fuchu & Kirakuza Street
The area around JR Izumi-Fuchu station is divided up into 8 areas each with a different illumination installed.
There are various appliances including the illumination of objects, a tree with decoration changing according to the seasons and a ”country of water”-themed monument which visitors can enjoy.
Moreover, at Izumi City’s new popular spot, the ”Kirakuza Street” there is an illumination along the 5.5 km Izumi Chuo Road, referred to as the backbone of Izumi City.
It’s a collaboration of Izumi City’s new popular spot and illumination.
Izumi-Fuchu Event Outline
- November 12, 2018 (Mon) ～ February 14, 2019 (Thu)
Lighting ceremony: November 12 (Mon) 18:00 ～
- Around JR ”Izumi-Fuchu station”
Kirakuza Street Event Outline
- November 10, 2018 (Sat) ～ February 14, 2019 (Thu)
Lighting ceremony: November 10 (Sat) 18:00～
※Illumination might start after 17:00 due to the influence of sensors
- Izumi Chuo Road
6. Kongo Sparkle Illumination 2018
Champagne gold-themed ”Gold road” .
Blue and white-themed ”Azure road”.
Red and pink-themed ”Red road”.
The gentle hill road ”Sparkling path” has different color schemes for each block, gives the people walking in town comfort and is a spot which you can enjoy comfortably.
- November 25, 2018 (Sun) ～ January 20, 2019 (Sun)
Lighting ceremony: November 25 (Sun) 17:30
- Kongo Chuo Road (Kongo shopping mall〜 Nankai Kongo station)
【Sayama City】 Cherry Blossom Festival
7. Cherry Blossom Festival 〜 Winter 〜 Osaka Sayama Illumination
Illumination flowers bloom at the cherry blossom tree alley of the northern bank of Sayama Pond
Magical pink light flowers.
Enjoy the sparkling winter cherry blossoms in the night sky.
Hosted by: Cherry Blossom Festival executive committee
- December 1, 2018 (Sat) ～ January 14, 2019 (Mon・public holiday)
- Sunset ～ 22:00
- Sayama Pond northern bank
Have you found a spot you are interested in?
Illuminations each with different concepts and a different way to enjoy in the Osaka Prefecture region.
How about going and creating winter memories?