Open-Air Museum of Old Japanese Farm Houses
An outdoor museum which exhibits traditional houses which were built in Edo period.
Visitors are able to experience “kamado” and “irori” (Japanese oven and fireplace) and enjoy the different scenery based on each season.
The area of 36000 square meters exhibits 11 traditional houses from Iwate prefecture’s “Magariya housing” to Kagoshima prefecture’s “Takakura housing of Amami Oshima”.
- Name of the facility
- Open-Air Museum of Old Japanese Farm Houses
- 1-2 Hattoriryokuchi, Toyonaka-shi
- Nearest station
- ■Ryokuchikouen Station (Kita Osaka Express line, Osaka Metro Midosuji line)▶About 15 min. walk from West entrance
■Sone Station (Hankyu Takarazuka line)▶About 30 min. walk
- Business hours
- 9:30-17:00 (Entrance closes at 16:30)
- Regular holiday
- Every Monday (If Monday is a holiday, the museum will be closed on the next weekday) New Years holiday (12/27-1/4)
- Admission fee
- Adult: 500 yen High School student: 300 yen Elementary and middle school student: 200 yen Others: free Group rate avaliable